DroidFish is an Android port of the very strong Stockfish chess engine, combined with a feature-rich GUI.
- Opening books: Internal, polyglot, CTG
- Analyze mode
- Two player mode
- Edit board
- PGN import/export/edit
- FEN/EPD import
- Adjustable playing strength
- One Touch Moves
- Blindfold mode
- Color themes
- Animated moves
- Scid DB support using "Scid on the go"
- Highly configurable
- Third party UCI engines
- Configurable UCI engine options
- Support for "open exchange" engine apps, such as texel and komodo 8.
- Gaviota endgame tablebases
- Syzygy endgame tablebases
- Free, GPLv3
Source code is available from my web page.
The following permissions are used:
Modify/delete SD card contents
To save games to SD card
Full internet access
To optionally communicate with network chess engines
To optionally vibrate after computer makes a move
- Updated Stockfish to version 8.
- Show engine hashfull information.
- Fixed engine communication error in Android N.
- Updated Stockfish engine to 2016-08-28 development version.
- Permission handling for Android 6.
- Show usage hints on first start.